Personally, I adore summer. It’s just got a ‘feel good’ vibe to it, if you get what I mean. AND IT’S WARM. (rarely in England but there we go, we’ve just had a so-called ‘heat wave’ so we should be thankful.) 😀 As with every season, summer has it bad features: the over-powering heat, the fact that we can never keep cool in the heat seeing as no one has air conditioning, so you are doomed to lie on your floor without moving for days on end… unless you spend your day in Tesco by the refrigerators.
Not a bad idea, actually… There’s ice cream… …Yup… That’s my summer sorted. And then there’s the mosquitos. Argh. Annoying little things they are. Why do they even exist? *danisnotonfire voice* WHAT IS THE POINT OF THEIR EXISTAAANNNCCEEE?
But all that aside, it’s still one of my favourite seasons. And I’m going to write a list. Because lists are cool.
1. Sun – The really obvious one. But hey, it’s something that the majority of us look forward to, especially after long winters. Sun kind of just makes everything a bit better. Even if you’re stuck in school doing your most hated classes, it’s just a little better when the sun’s shining, right?
2. Warm weather – This is also really obvious and links in with the previous one. Still, it’s something we all like, come on. And we don’t get much of it here in England, so there.
3. Summer breaks and holidaaaayyys! And no school! – It’s just nice to be away for a while somewhere nice, even if, like me, you just go somewhere a few hours away (I’m trying my best to go abroad next year though… Portugal looks likely, yeeeessss) Plus it gives you a chance to stalk dem fit guys and girls.
…I am such a creeper.
4. Pimms – WHO DOES NOT LIKE PIMMS?!
Probably a lot of people, stop making judgements. It’s one drink that is really summery and fruity and nice that only really appears in this season, so yep.
5. Ice cream – I know you can get this all year round, but you can’t beat ice cream when it’s actually hot.
6. Tanning – Yaaaaaaaaay, getting the ‘golden glow’. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I don’t tan.
7. Meeting up with friends – Any day, any time really. Whenever you feel like it without having to worry about homework or school the next day or whatever. Though my friends are all on holiday right now, so I am a loner. Maaaa.
8. Staying outside for ages – It doesn’t get cold or dark for ageeeees, so you can stay out until midnight.
9. BBQs – Nom nom nom nom nom nom nom. FOOD. Food is good. (Hint: To you UK people, the chilli beef kebabs from a supermarket that rhymes with… Lainsbury’s are really nice.)
10. Fruit – Finally all the nice fruit is available, by that I mean stuff like strawberries and raspberries and shit. Yes, I know you can get them all year round, but in summer you get British ones and local ones and they’re nice okay.
11. Lie ins – Because you’re not at school, you can stay in bed for the entire day, yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! Though I’m looking after my friend’s chickens and cat again while she’s away so this week I can’t do that. Meh. But I get paid so you know, the early (10 am) mornings are worth it.
12. Dresses and skirts and shorts and florals and all that nice shit – Yes. Summer fashion. I LUFF IT.
13. Lemonade – This just deserves a section of its own in my opinion, okay, because I like lemonade and yeah. When it’s nice and chilled and you can just sip it and stuff, like yup. Yep yep yeppedy yep. *skips down street with glass of lemonade* When I visited York last week, there were these people selling fresh lemonade, which consisted only of freshly squeezed lemons and cold water. And boy, it was good. If you ever go to York this summer, get some. Because it’s refreshing. Nom nom nom.
And so concludes my list. I want a list of things to do this summer, just really random things, so PLEASE COMMENT IDEAS BELOW I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVEEEERRR! Whatever crazy, or not-so-crazy ideas you have, please let me know, I’d really appreciate it, if you guys actually suggest stuff I’ll make a post about it and it’ll be fun and let’s all do challenges and stuff because it’s summer and we have six weeks off here (five now) so JUST DO IT. PLUZ.
Love you all.
AND YES I HAVE A NEW THEME AHAHA SUMMERY.
I really need to sort out these categories.