Whooooooooooooooooooaokay. You can all stop screaming now, I’m here.
2015, huh. I’m still not so sure about how significant the whole new year thing is to me. Half of me feels like YES NEW YEAR LET’S MAKE THIS GREAT and then the other half just doesn’t give one. I think this is going to be a year of change, definitely, and I’m feeling a lot better in myself, generally, than I have been for a long while so I’m determined to keep getting better.
As for resolutions, we all know how great I am at keeping those. So I just want to make sure I keep my happy dosage up and have more faith in myself. I just need to make sure I don’t slip again, and if I do, I’m going to make sure I get straight back up.
I also need to improve my diet. But I also know that there’s no way I’d keep the whole ‘ditch-the-chocolate’ thing up, so I’m just eating more fruits and vegetables, that kind of thing, just generally healthy foods and I swear I will try to exercise more… (she says as she lies in bed at 1pm).
Saving money is another thing I really need to improve at. When I get my end-of-month pay check kind of thing (god knows what it’s called), I just stare blankly at it trying to work out where the £200 went.
So, I guess they’re the main things I’m going to try and do this year. We’ll see how that works out, ha.
Let’s kick 2k15’s butt.
You will know by now that I am not good at all at keeping up with blog posts. There’ll be weeks where I’ll post almost every day, and there’ll be months where I won’t post at all. I think this is partly due to, aside from the ever-increasing pile of school work, the fact that almost all my ideas require time and energy, two things that I do not usually possess (currently I use all my remaining energy crying over Supernatural). Moreover, the only time I felt I could post anything worth reading was when something had happened in my life, which isn’t very often, so you were left with goddamn awful posts about nothing.
So, now, in the event that I have nothing to write about, I have created a list of generic ideas to complete as and when.
- The ‘Letters To’ series ~ So this will basically be a series of letters to someone, maybe a specific person, maybe to a group of people, saying the things that I’d like to say but probably won’t. It could be just an open letter to anyone in a similar situation, for example, however it could be addressed to a friend of mine, or even yourself.
- Challenges ~ You know the ones. The challenges that no one keeps up, ever. But I shall try my best.
- Tags ~ Tags are fun, and easy, so why not? If you guys find any interesting ones, please tell me because I have no inspiration. As per usual.
- A fuck tonne of feels posts ~ I have so many of these in my drafts and I have a feeling some of you could relate to them.
- Reviews ~ Films, books, music.
- A continuation of the ‘Reasons to carry on’ series ~ My aim is to get at least a couple of hundred to remind anyone going through a hard time why they should carry on.
- Tutorials ~ …Craft things? Daily routines? Eyeliner?
- Videos ~ Ooooh, videos. Not entirely sure what of, but there we go.
- Novel ~ I can try and write a novel and post my progress. Not sure how that would work out. Which leads me on to:
- A modern fairy tale series ~ Considering traditional fairy tales are bullshit, I thought I’d rewrite some. Why does the Princess always have to be saved by the Prince? And why does it always have to be a Prince and a Princess? Why not two princesses or two princes? ACCEPTANCE.
And that is just a small sample of ideas. You can remind me if I seem to have disappeared for a while.
Next post will be soon as it’s midday and I should probably get up.
Inevitably, WordPress is undoubtedly going to blow up with New Year blogging: resolutions, memories and thoughts on 2013, hopes for 2014 and all that deep, reflective thinking. So I guess, as one of my resolutions is to make a little more of an effort with this this year
like that’s going to work shut up you know it won’t, ooh, rain stop getting distracted I guess I should probably add my pitiful attempt at a god this rain is really loud post myself.
However, instead of writing one stupidly long, infuriatingly boring post, I’m going to split it into various things.
- Blog reflections ~ Considering I started this blog on Christmas Eve 2012, I may as well look back on some of my worst posts ever and laugh and cringe at how badly worded they are and at my failed attempts to make jokes. And just muse over how awesome you all are and wonder about how you don’t realise how much I suck.
- Reflections on the past year ~ Basically where I remember all the really bad/awkward/stupid/idiotic things that have happened over the past year and cry about them whilst armed with a pot of Ben and Jerry’s.
- Resolutions (and what happened to last year’s) ~ Oh dear.
- 2014 Bucket List ~ Bucket lists are good, right?
- Hopes for 2014 ~ Probably trying to be deep and failing.
- Blog ideas and series that I may or may not keep up ~ I have so many ideas lying around so I may as well list them all and have this list as a constant reminder of my decreasing blogging abilities.
And there you have my New Years plan, if I actually stick to it.
Which I will. Maybe. Probably. Hopefully?
And now to do it. Shit.