I have a question. Why does it seem so ‘important’ to be in a relationship now? Why does it seem to matter so much whether you have a partner? Why has society become so obsessed with the idea of relationships?
Is it really that important?
No. No it’s not.
There is absolutely no need to feel like you’re weird or ugly or unattractive because you don’t happen to be with anyone right now. No one should have to feel that way.
So today I’m going to tell you why you kick-ass single pringles out there should embrace the single life and enjoy it.
And here I present to you:
The perks of being single.
1. You can think someone’s hot without feeling guilty – I mean, seriously, guys.
2. You don’t need to care about the opinions of anyone else – Yes, we are always bombarded with the opinions of others. However, being single, you can do whatever you want, whenever you want. (To a certain extent of course.) Plus, you don’t have to worry about appearing interesting, if you want to watch Netflix all day in bed whilst eating about seventy bars of chocolate, approximately ten tubs of Ben and Jerry’s ice cream and anything else you can find, YOU CAN! You don’t feel obliged to make an effort for anyone.
3. You can flirt with whoever you want – Some could argue that this is morally wrong but the way I see it, you’re single and you’re not tied to anyone. Flirt as much as your heart desires, my lovelies.
4. No one cares if you are flirting with someone else – In a relationship, if you’re caught flirting with another person… Man, shit is going down. Sometimes harmless comments can be mistaken as flirting and that often does not end well. So, no worries, go ahead and flirt with all five of those hot guys. Just make sure they’re single. XD
5. You can meet up with friends whenever you want – There’s none of the ‘oh-sorry-you-missed-that-thing-you-were-with-your-boyfriend/girlfriend-so-yeah-we-did-it-without-you’. It’ll give you much more time to meet up with them, plus you don’t have the complication of the clashing-dates situation; What happens if your significant other wants to take you on a date or hang out with you but your friends want to do something on the same day? Who do you put first?
6. You’re not constantly checking your phone every five minutes to see if they’ve replied just in case your phone just happened to miraculously switch onto ‘silent’… – And you don’t have the anxiety of ‘oh-my-god-he/she-usually-replies-like-straight-away-it’s-been-ten-minutes-oh-crap-what-have-I-done?!
7. Relationships are expensive. Save the money you would spend and then buy yourself that amazing thing you’ve always wanted.
8. Wearing the same outfit every day for a week – So you have a new favourite top and you want to wear it all the freaking time. But wait, you met up with your Sexual two days ago, wearing that top and you’re meeting up today and you REALLY WANT TO WEAR IT BUT YOU CAN’T. See, none of that!
9. You won’t run out of outfits – There’ll be none of the panic about wearing the same outfit on two different dates. Hahaha, just wear whatever the fuck you want.
10. Buying the perfect present – So it’s your Sexual’s birthday. What do you get them?! PRESSURE! That’s something you don’t have to worry about.
11. You only have one set of parents to worry about – When you’re single, you don’t have to worry about what someone else’s parents are going to think of you.
12. Awkward my-friend-hates-my-boyfriend situation – Yeah, that’s not great. If they really don’t get on, it really restricts what you can do together. Plus, you won’t be able to discuss outfits for your date night with them because they really will not care.
13. Awkward my-friend-is-jealous-of-my-boyfriend situation – This ties in with the previous point. If they’re jealous, well. Urgh. Just… Nooooooooooooooo. Man, it sucks.
14. You can focus on schoolwork – BORING, I know, but you can spend more time studying if you so wish.
15. Leave your room in a mess – You can leave things lying around wherever you so please.
16. You can watch the films you want without having someone yawning in the background – Especially with chick-flicks. If a girl wants to watch The Notebook, she can bloody well watch The Notebook without the interruption of someone else complaining that it’s too soppy.
17. Male friends – You can have loads of (hot) male/female friends without having to defend yourself and explain that nothing else is going on.
18. You don’t have to concentrate on what you look like all the time – Have I already mentioned this? You can sit in your PJs all day with messy hair and no make up and not have a care in the world.
19. You can eat garlic or onion without caring about what your breath smells like. – No need for mints when you’re not going to have someone else’s tongue in your mouth.
20. If you want to feel awkward ending a conversation – This is mainly in les early stages, but you don’t feel like you have to stay up until 5am talking to them if you really want to go to sleep.
21. No one is offended when you happen to be checking out the hot lifeguards at the beach – Like the first one. If you think he’s fit, he’s fit.
22. You can do Beyoncé’s Single Ladies dance and actually mean it.
23. If you want to dance like this, dance like this.
No one will judge you!
24. You won’t be ‘the annoying friend with a boyfriend’. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY.
25. New crushes – Aw aren’t they the best? It’s just so cute.
26. Guys tell you you’re pretty because you are…not because they have to.
27. You don’t have to pretend to care about sport if you don’t like it, and similarly, boys, if you really don’t care about fashion, who cares!
28. You don’t have to care about anyone else who isn’t you.
And there we have it, a few reasons why the single life is freaking fantastic.